Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pay It Forward!!!

Dear SoupFriends,

Greetings from the SoupMan!

The SoupMobile's Mission Statement consists of three simple words spoken by Jesus himself.

Feed MY Sheep

At the SoupMobile we do that very thing. We serve more than 150,000 meals per year to the homeless in the Dallas area. We also distribute clothes to them year around and now we shelter them through our program called:
SOUPMOBILE VILLAGE

Our goal is to open 100 group homes located all over the Dallas area. Each home designed to hold up to five homeless people. Each home designed to transition homeless men and women right off the streets of Dallas back into regular working members of society. With the Lord's leading we opened the first group home in SoupMobile Village on October 7, 2009. The Grand Opening made the front page of the Dallas Morning News. You've heard the old adage, 'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach him to fish and you feed him for life.' That's what SoupMobile Village is all about. Literally taking homeless people off the streets and transitioning them back into regular society where they have jobs, families and their own place to live.

At the SoupMobile we feel blessed to have opened this first group home on Oct. 7th. However remember our goal is 100 group homes. Just like the great wall of China that started with one brick, SoupMobile Village has started with one group home. In 2010 we plan to expand the Village with more group homes. That's going to take a pretty penny. Our goal is to raise One Million Dollars to support the SoupMobile and SoupMobile Village.

Mother Teresa said, "At the end of our lives we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by 'I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in."

Will you help Pay it Forward! I'm NOT making a mass appeal for my donors to send me money. I'm looking for a few key money people out there to help me find the money. One wealthy donor (you know who you are) could easily write us a check for the One Million and the deal is done. Maybe you yourself don't have that kind of money but you know people who do. Or possibly your organization already supports multiple charities and you would consider making the SoupMobile one of your beneficiaries.

You may be wondering if I help 'what's in it for me.' Will I get my name on a building---NO. My name up in lights--NO. My name on the front page of the Dallas Morning News--NO. You will get none of those 'material' things. What you will get is what we all seek to hear some day from the Lord, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

Are you with me. If so call the SoupMan at 1-800-375-5022 or email me at: david@soupmobile.org

Together we can rock this world for Jesus.

Signed, David Timothy, a.k.a. The SoupMan
Executive Director---SoupMobile Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment