Wednesday, October 8, 2014


LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING!!! 
Dear SoupFriends,
In just a few days I will be celebrating my 6th Wedding Anniversary with my amazing wife Shana. It’s been six terrific, fantastic, glorious, blissful, dazzling, marvelous, splendid, off the chain, wondrous & groovy years.
Some say I lucked out when Shana showed up on the SoupMobile’s doorstep many years ago. Those who say that would be absolutely right. I lucked out Big Time! More accurately God blessed me Big Time! Shana is a bouncing ball of love & kindness. She wears her heart on her sleeve and loves both people & animals. I often joke that her passion for helping others makes me look like a slacker but I think it’s absolutely true.
When Shana agreed to marry me and said ‘I Do’ I felt like the most blessed man on the planet. And with our 6th Wedding Anniversary coming up, I still feel the same way.  
                                                                                                         
So how does Shana feel about me? Hmm, well you will have to ask her yourself, but I’m thinking I must be doing something right because she hasn’t sent me back under the Free Look Provision in our marriage contract. Hey, just when does the Free Look Provision expire? Shana says she will let me know when (if) it does! Gee, she kidding---right???
In any event, for whatever reason she seems to love me! However a more realistic view of how Shana feels about me may come from a quote in RedBook Magazine.
“INFATUATION is when she thinks you are as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen & as athletic as Jimmy Connors.
LOVE is when she realizes you are as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford---but she will still take you anyway.”
 I’m not sure which side of the fence Shana falls on---INFATUATION or LOVE---but I’m not going to quibble. It’s for certain that I hit the jackpot with Shana. I’m sure there is a better wife out there---JUST NOT ON THIS PLANET!!!
May the Lord Bless & Keep You All.
Signed, David Timothy, a.k.a. SoupMan

No comments:

Post a Comment